Monday, June 13, 2011
we have him!
I think I will get to write more later, but just in case I can't, I wanted to let everyone know that we have our son! He is, as I could tell from pictures we got earlier, as skinny as a rail, and not very tall. However, his voice has changed! He seems to be just as curious as Esther, examining everything that crosses his path to try to figure out how it works. I'm not real keen on him randomly picking up the cellphones and internet diagnostic tools of visitors to our room without asking permission, but that method of discovery does seem to have worked for him, as he knows a lot about a lot of things, especially computers. Speaking of computers, he is waiting right now to use "QQ" (a Chinese social networking site) to communicate with his friends. And I'd like to take some time writing up our meeting without a bored teenager taking apart our hotel phone, so I'm going to keep this short and let him have a turn! Oh, I will say that communication has been going better than I expected, considering the limits of my Chinese. We have been able to exchange information on most topics that we have attempted (like who is who in family photos or what our trip back to the U.S. will be like). So, so far so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment